First Annual Translation Contest
$300 Winner & $150 Runner-up
During the month of July, Duende editors will be reading submission to our first ever translation contest. As Duende remains committed to showcasing underrepresented writers, we wanted to award international writing, which continues to be under-read and under-published in the United States.
Best of all, this is a free to enter contest!
Submission Guidelines (Please read carefully)
1. Only one entry per translator.
2. Send 1-3 poems (up to 6 pages), along with the original poems attached, as one document.
3. Your name (the translator's) should not appear anywhere on the manuscript. The original author's name may, however.
4. Do no include your (the translator's) bio, just the bio of the original poet if you wish.
5. By submitting to this contest, you affirm that you have the rights to publish the translation. Do not submit if you do not already have those rights.
The winner will receive $300, as well as publication in Duende. One runner-up will receive $150, and publication. All entries will be considered for publication.